We started with the belief that there is another way to bank. And that starts as soon as you open your first Zag Bank account. All you need to get started is:
- personal information such as your name, address and social insurance number
- a valid email address
- a cheque issued by a Canadian financial institution, which you can send from your phone or tablet camera using our SnapCheque technology, or by mail
The whole process shouldn’t take longer than 10 minutes on any internet-enabled device.
Save For Later
Interruptions happen. When you start the process of opening your Zag Bank account, you can 'save' your application at any point, then pick up where you left off on any device and finish when it's convenient for you. And don't worry if you forget. We'll send you an email reminder letting you know that your application is pending completion.
Set and Save
We’ve made it easy to put your savings plan into action with our Set and Save option. When you open your Zag Savings account, you’ll be asked if you would like to set up pre-authorized transfers from the account used for your initial deposit. You can decide:
- how often you would like transfers to be made
- the amount you would like transferred
- when you would like your transfers to start
Open Another Zag Bank Account
When you’re ready, Zag Online makes it easy to open your next Zag Bank account. Since we already have your information, the process should take less time. All you need to do is:
- login to Zag Online
- choose 'Settings'
- choose 'Add an Account'
Open an Account